Why Let Your Property with Sarah Kenny
Professional property letting & management services for landlords
On the face of things, we realise that many Letting Agencies offer the same service to their Landlords, so we asked one of our most recent new Landlords why they chose us over other Agents in Bristol.
We feel that the quote below perfectly sums up the service that we strive to offer.
- Friendly and helpful reception.
- Rapid response to e-mails and excellent availability for phone contact.
- Clear but flexible operating procedures.
- Basic charges in line with market rates - but fewer add-ons and hidden extras than competitors / investigated.
- In contrast to another agency which / investigated, you are able to
- a) handle Council Tax issues in pre-let period and during voids.
- b) make payments if necessary to a non-UK bank account.
- Clear and sensible advice on preparation of property for letting.
- Smooth liaison with small contractors to get minor jobs completed quickly in pre-let period with no hassle for landlord.
- Quick and efficient in finding tenants. Rents in line with pre-letting estimate.
- Positive feedback from other Landlords.
- Convenient location in Clifton Village which will attract potential tenants.
Mark Wilson. Managed Landlord 2014
Whichever service you require, we hope that you feel you have received the highest level of service and will continue to use our services in the future and recommend us to both friends and family
Award winning - customer service ▼
We are twice winners of the prestigious Best Single Office Award in the South West in the Sunday Times, as well as the Gold Award in the South West at the prestigious Estate & Letting Agent Awards 2014. Don’t take our word for it, see what our Landlords and Tenants say on Google+ and allAgents.co.uk
'Very impressed with the service they give. They went the extra mile in sorting out some issues with my flat. Quick to respond, very helpful and l was pleasantly surprised with the value from their contractors.' Richard Gardner October 2013 Managed Landlord
We are well established ▼
We first opened in May 1990 with the sole aim of bringing together high quality apartments and houses with professional and corporate tenants. 25 years on, we are the longest running, independent single office in Bristol and have seen a lot of Agents come and go in that time.
'We were recommended to you by friends who had used your letting services on two previous occasions. After calling in two agents for advice we opted to use you for several reasons. One, your friendly and professional manner and secondly you seemed very realistic in suggesting a likely rental figure. Additionally you had successfully let a similar property nearby in recent weeks.' Roger & Mo Taylor. Let Only Landlord March 2014
We are an independent letting agent ▼
We are solely an independent, letting agency without the distraction of estate agency and believe our wealth of experience is invaluable.
Convenient location ▼
We are based in busy Clifton Village in a spacious modern office. Our team consists of 19 staff, both full and part time throughout the week. All staff are based in our only office in Clifton, which benefits both Landlords and Tenants alike, as any queries can easily be answered.
ARLA registered ▼
We firmly believe in the importance of regulation of the Residential Lettings Industry and by being a licensed member of ARLA it gives both tenants and landlords peace of mind that they are dealing with a regulated agent. We actively encourage and support all negotiators and property managers to become members of ARLA through undertaking the NFoPP Technical Award in Residential Letting and Management.
This is the required qualification for entry to the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA), the only professional self regulating body specialising in the private rented sector, of which we are a member.
We are also a member of the The Property Ombudsman (TPO) and subscribe to their code of practice for Letting Agents. Both of these memberships ensure we offer a professional service of the highest standard.
Clear pricing of our services ▼
Our charges are in line with many off our competitors, but with no hidden extras.
We offer two services with regards to letting of your property; Full Management and a Tenant Find Only service.
|Finding a suitable tenant|
|Drawing up the tenancy agreement|
|Organising electrical safety inspection|
|Organising gas safety inspection|
|Organising energy performance certificate|
|Arranging the check in of the tenant at the start of the tenancy|
|Collection of the initial rental and deposit|
|Registration of tenants deposits|
|Meeting tenants at check in to go through inventory|
|Transfer of utilities and council tax|
|Collection of rents thereafter|
|Arranging repairs and maintenance|
|Arranging payment of outgoings|
|Advising on deductions|
|Managing the check out process|
|Quarterly management inspection and e-mailed reports|
|Management while the property is vacant in-between tenancies|
|Regular assessment of rental level|
|Drawing up lease renewal paperwork|
Please contact for further information.
How does our marketing attract Tenants? ▼
The comprehensive marketing of our properties encompasses all the latest ways in which tenants search for property. We are constantly seeking new areas for marketing which ensure we attract the best possible Tenants for our Landlords. Whilst the wave of social media is becoming increasing important, we never disregard listening to our client’s needs. We would recommend placing the property on the market 4-6 weeks before it being available for tenants to move in.
What we do that sets us apart
- Prepare a floorplan of the property.
- Viewings seven days a week, until 6.3opm in the week.
- We are the only letting agent in Bristol to offer Sunday viewings.
- 100% of all viewings are fully accompanied.
- We advertise in every issue of the Bristol Property Live magazine.
- Full online marketing.
- We maintain a database of contacts in the personnel departments of larger organisations in the area.
- We advise them of any special offers that may interest them and constantly update this to include new organisations moving to the Greater Bristol area.
- We are the preferred supplier for several large companies and relocation agents within the city. We are their first point of contact when they require accommodation for employees.
We have worked closely with major companies and relocation agents for many years within Bristol in order to develop a strong relationship with them. We are the preferred supplier for some of the larger organisations and listen to their feedback in order to fine tune their requirements.
'As a top class employee relocation company we prefer working with the very best Letting Agents. Sarah Kenny is reliable, flexible and has a great portfolio of properties, but most importantly they go that extra mile to make our Home Searches even more special for our clients.' Catherine Thomas - HCR Group